Monday, May 4, 2009

Loving Father

During my quiet time today, there was an overwhelming theme of God's mercy, love and forgiveness. I don't usually just quote lots of scripture on here, but felt compelled to share God's beautiful, loving thoughts on mercy and forgiveness. I'm not sure exactly who it is needing to hear this, but if you are struggling with this today, I pray that God's Word will give you peace!

"Though I have fallen, I will stand up; though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light. Because I have sinned against him, I must endure the Lord's rage until He argues my case and establishes justice for me. He will bring me into the light; I will see His salvation." Micah 7:8-9...even when the struggles we face are due to our own sin, He will save and restore us!

"Who is a God like You, removing iniquity and passing over rebellion for the remnant of His inheritance? He does not hold on to His anger forever, because He delights in faithful love. He will again have compassion on us; He will vanquish our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea." Micah 7: 18-19

"The Lord helps all who fall...All eyes look to You, and You give them their food in due time. You open Your hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing. The Lord is righteous in all His acts. The Lord is near all who call out to Him, all who call out to Him in integrity. He fulfills the desires of those who fear Him; He hears their cry for help and saves them. The Lord guards all those who love Him." Psalm 145:14-20

0 comments: