Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday...First Sunday in Our New Building!

I LOVE Easter...I know I say that every year, but the hope and joy and all that Easter reminds us of makes my heart so full! Jesus Christ is alive! "He is not here, for He is risen, just as He said!" What awesome words!

The morning started with our sunrise service...it was so neat because a year ago we were having the same service on a patch of grass at the property...no building, and not even a concrete slab at that time. This year instead of breakfast in the back of Randy's truck, we were able to have breakfast and coffee inside the fellowship hall and the service out on the parking lot! God has truly blessed us!
Along with the excitement of Easter was the anticipation of worshiping in the new building. God's amazing faithfulness along with all the hours of work and prayer have finally brought us to this day! The service was so very worshipful, and I pray the Lord was honored and pleased with our praise! It was incredibly special to Corey and me to have so many of our family members with us for this wonderful day. We are so blessed to be part of the Maplewood church family...I am so grateful God has allowed us to go on this amazing journey with them. I pray that as we are in this new building, it will be used to serve the Lord, grow disciples and lead the lost to Him so that we can be a lighthouse of hope for Paris/Henry County.

Here are a few pictures from the day...we had over 200 in Sunday School and over 300 in worship! Happy Easter from our family to yours!

0 comments: