Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

When Bennett first noticed the Christmas decorations at the end of November he was so excited! "Mommy, look! Christmas!" he yelled. Corey and I try to use each opportunity we can to remind them of the true meaning of Christmas, so I asked him if he knew why we celebrate Christmas. He said, "Because we like it!" Well, we do like it, but if that is the only reason you celebrate Christmas, the the hope and joy you experience throughout this season will end in an instant once the presents are all open and the family is all gone...Christmas, I reminded him, is when we celebrate Jesus' birth! And then he asked me a precious and thought provoking question..."Will Jesus be at the party?" And so I ask, as you celebrate Christmas, will Jesus be at your party?

Our family wants to wish you all a very merry Christmas, but most of all we pray that this Christmas you will know Christ in all His fullness...the peace, joy, love and hope that He alone can give! God bless you all!

1 comments:

mundayseven said...

Neat Mel! We had a great time with you guys. I love you! Waverly