Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sounds of Christmas

This weekend I had the blessing of performing in the Sounds of Christmas cantata at West Jackson Baptist Church in Jackson. I consider West Jackson my "home church" and love being able to go back and play in the orchestra each year. Saturday night, Corey, the boys and our sweet friends, the Hutsons and the Presseys were able to come, and tonight, Jennifer and her boys rode with me to give me some company (well and maybe to see her family, too)...thank you! This year was extra special because I was able to play with my "little" brother! (Who by the way I am very proud of...he made 1st chair trombone in All-West this weekend!) One of my favorite songs this year was "The Last Noel." It showed how all the different things about the Christmas story remind us of the time when Christ will come again...it was such a beautiful, powerful song! As I am always reminded through this Christmas program, our purpose is to point people to the true meaning of Christmas and the Savior whom we celebrate. What an amazing God who would come to Earth to dwell among us...Emmanuel, God with Us!Bennett is into making silly faces for pictures now, and I think Caleb was too tired to smile ;)

0 comments: