Saturday, April 4, 2009

Relay for Life 5k

Today Corey and I ran the Relay for Life 5k in McKenzie. We have been running lately to get ready for a few 5ks and hopefully a few triathlons in the summer. Today was the first one! It has been since October since we've raced (the Splash 'N Dash) and it was a shorter run distance. So I was quite nervous! We had the encouragement of racing with friends...Michele (Corey's sister), Jennifer Shackelford and her running partner, Christy. Corey finished with a time of 30:12 which made him 3rd in his age division! He got a really nice metal...Yeah, Corey! The four of us girls ran together most of the way with Michele and Christy finishing just before Jennifer and I did with a time of 35:15! Although I didn't get a metal, I felt really good about this time...it's the fastest I've ever run that distance! We had lots of fun supporting a great cause!

0 comments: