Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A busy week...

After Caleb's birthday weekend, Corey headed to Kansas City for his LAST DOCTORAL SEMINAR!!! I'm so proud of him and all his hard work...now he is entering the writing stage that will take him between a year and a year and a half....but he will be home for all this part! It is always a hard week for the boys (and me ;) , so we try to do lots of fun things to make the week special. Nanny was able to spend Sunday and Monday night so we went to the pool Monday and she got to see Caleb's t-ball game Monday night. Thanks for making the time go by faster, Nanny!

And then came Wednesday...it's always the hardest day. Halfway done, but still several days to go before he gets home. On Thursday, David and Michele took us to the water park in Eddyville, KY...it was so much fun and we all loved it! Thanks so much for a much needed day of fun David and Michele! I decided against taking my camera, so I don't have any pictures at the park :( But I did take this one on the way home :) My mom had wanted to do something special with the boys this week too, so on Friday we drove through Jackson, picked up Ge (my mom), Zachary, and Natiley and headed to Memphis to meet my sister Waverly and her five children at the Memphis Zoo! Even more exciting than seeing all the neat animals was getting to spend time with COUSINS!!! It was a really hot day, but fortunately they let the kids play in the water at the front entrance now! The boys were super excited! It was a great way to finish off a long week! Here is a picture of the whole crew...We love you guys!And then late Friday night, Corey made it home...ahhhhhh. Much better! I truly enjoyed the special time I was able to spend with my boys, but weeks like this remind me how blessed I am to have Corey...he is such a blessing to the boys and me and I love that he makes us such a priority despite all the other things that keep him so busy! We're super glad he's home!

1 comments:

mundayseven said...

Hey, We had so much fun with you all! I am glad Bennett had fun at soccer camp. We love you guys!