Monday, July 6, 2009

Constructors for Christ...Week TWO

We had a wonderful week two group of Constructors for Christ! They made a lot of progress, and were such a blessing! One really neat thing about this group for me is that some of them were from Middlefork Road Baptist Church where my dad was pastor when Constructors built their first building! Corey and I were already married at the time and living in Centerville, so I wasn't very involved in the process, but I do remember walking into a beautiful building and being amazed that a volunteer group was responsible! I had no idea that seven years later they would be building a church where Corey and I would be serving! We are so grateful for each of the amazing volunteers God sent us last week...we even had one volunteer all the way from California..."Hey" from here in Paris to Tim's mom who has checked out our blog...hope you enjoy the pictures!

Day One...Monday

Week two Constructors got started on the decking for the front of the roof first thing Monday morning. They also began the tedious process of drilling the holes and installing the electric lines and plumbing! We were very blessed to have several volunteers who are incredibly skilled in these areas! Caleb even helped Mr. Danny Greenway install one of the pipes! Thanks for teaching him your skills ;)

Days Two and Three...Tuesday and Wednesday

I know that I can't be there to take pictures every day...and these were two such days...I was out of town. I feel guilty that I can't post pics from these two, but I did manage to play catch up the rest of the week! I was able to go by after church Wednesday night and take a few shots of some of our church members writing their names/verses on the walls, and this one picture with the clouds at night, I love! The metal workers (not volunteers, but doing an extremely dangerous and skillful job) got the metal on the front of the sanctuary, too!Day Four...Thursday

This was a victorious day! After two failed attempts, we finally got the last two trusses on the roof! I truly have a lot of respect for Ray Dilbeck...the first time it was one inch off and the second time only a half inch, but he wanted it perfect...so the third time was a charm! Bless the volunteers' hearts that worked so diligently to get these last two trusses completed and off the roof! They also began to get the duct work put in the education building!
Day Five...Friday

The building is really starting to take shape! The doghouses on the front of the education space make it look like a different building! We also began putting nailing the wood boards on the concrete in the sanctuary so that the walls could begin going up in there the next week!

0 comments: