Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Much Anticipated...Week Four!!!

The last several weeks have been so busy, and I really wanted to enjoy the last few weeks with Caleb before he began school. I hopefully am going to get all caught up on my blogging as our schedule finally calms down! My apologies for the delay...I've definitely heard about it from my family :) Here's for you Wave and Nanny! Hehe...

Week Four...
Sheetrock, Sheetrock and more Sheetrock! During week for we saw a lot of progress on this part of the building. The rooms really took shape and started to seem much larger as they were closed in! We also had lots of insulation to put in place in order for the Sheetrock to be hung. Many of the week four volunteers were already experienced in this; one of our youth, Deanna, and I began our education in this area (more to come on this in week five)! There was also framing in the sanctuary area that really allowed us to see more of what the layout was going to look like in that part of the building. And the men from our church began the siding! For those wondering...it will be painted and the two building will match! Hehe, I wonder what people think as they drive by! There were some precious friends we made, and one of the really neat parts for me was seeing another group of youth that led in worship and served faithfully throughout the week. With us formerly being in youth ministry, this always blesses my heart. I know how hard it can be for youth to take the step from just attending to being a leader and "setting an example for the believers..." It was also a special week because several of our youth, Deanna, Jessica, Taylor, Jason and Reid were on site working several of the days. I'm so proud that they have taken ownership of the process and are using their time and energy for the Lord! Here are the pictures from week four!

0 comments: