Friday, October 8, 2010

Ode to a Hairdryer

Okay, so I know some of you are laughing, but this hairdryer has been with me for over 10 years, so I felt it was worthy of a blog post :)

This hairdryer was a wedding gift from my college roommate, Jennifer, who knew that once I was married I would not be able to use hers anymore, hehe. It was quite a dramatic end, of which I'll spare you most of the grizzly details, but it all happened so suddenly one day...it began with some strange noises, followed by some smoke...I resuscitated it once, and then it ended with flames and pieces of metal falling into the sink. I was in shock and saddened at the loss of my faithful sidekick.

I know it will never be the same, but I did bring myself to purchase another hairdryer...but in memory of my old friend, I went with the same brand, just a new model.

You will be missed Ole' Silver Conair...let's hope this new red one lasts the next 10 years!

0 comments: