Monday, April 7, 2008

Fun Weekend with Friends


This weekend we had the privilege of having three of our former youth from Bemis and a friend from our Honduras trip last year coming to stay with us. They arrived Friday night and were able to stay through church Sunday morning! We had such a great time, and the boys absolutely loved it! Saturday night, they watched the boys so Corey and I could enjoy a nice quiet dinner date...thanks so much! It is a blessing to Corey and me to see these young women who have grown so much in their spiritual walks. When you invest your lives in people, it is wonderful to see spiritual fruit in their lives. I think one of the most exciting moments for us in this respect was last year when we went to Honduras and these girls, along with a few of our other youth, were serving, ministering and witnessing to the Honduran people. It brought us such great joy to see them following Jesus! Here are a few fun pictures from our weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mel! I had a blast and I can't wait to come back again SOON!!! It was amazing. I had been needing some time away from things here and that was just the trip I needed! It was an awesome weekend and I loved seeing how Corey has grown from a youth minister to a preacher! Ya'll always encourage me when I am there and this trip was no different. You helped take some of the stress in my life away and I thank you for that. You are all amazing. I love you bunches!

KateyK said...

Look! It's Emily Matthews! Chad was her youth minister at Northside UMC and I was her piano teacher! Wow! What a small world!! :)

--Katey Dougan Kingsbury

KateyK said...

Look! It's Emily Matthews! Chad was her youth minister at Northside UMC and I was her piano teacher! Wow! What a small world!! :)

--Katey Kingsbury