Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Living Word

This past weekend I had the privilege of playing my French horn in a beautiful presentation at First Baptist Paris titled, In His Own Words. Before our first performance, a letter from the composer, Dan Goeller, was shared with us. I thought his words beautifully communicated exactly what I've experienced through my quiet time especially these last few months. I wanted to share part of that letter with you.

"I suppose it shouldn't surprise us that Scripture has the unique ability to continue to inspire, challenge, teach, and encourage us. I have been repeatedly convicted of the truth that the Bible is a LIVING WORD, not just words on a page. The Scriptures are unlike any other book or document ever written by man. So much emphasis, in our modern church, is placed on "this new book" or "that new teacher", etc. And God is certainly communicating through authors, pastors, teachers, and their writings and teachings. But the thought that God inspired the Words in the Bible so that He could continue to communicate with each of us, in a personal way, is a miraculous demonstration of His love for us." Dan Goeller

Wow! Let's not neglect our own personal time in God's Living Word! He has so much He wants to tell us about who He is and His plan for our lives! What a blessing it is to not be part of a religion, but an intimate relationship with a loving Father and Almighty God!!!

0 comments: