Sunday, July 27, 2008

Corey's First Triathlon

This weekend was a lot of fun for our family! We headed to Corey's mom and JR's house to spend a few days while I had a LoopDeLou party and Corey had a triathlon! The race was in Lebanon, and it was very hilly! We drove there the night before for the pre-race informational meeting and drove the bike course. I was scared and I wasn't even going to be doing it! It was a 300 meter swim, a 16.5 mile bike, and a 3 mile run at the end...whew! It was raining when they started at 7:30AM (he got there around 6 to get his bike set up in the transition area and get marked). He finished in 1 hour 54 minutes and 13 seconds. We are so proud of him! He finished the swim in about 5 1/2 min. He completed the bike in 1 hour and 4 minutes, and then came the run...he was worn out and that has been the hardest part for him. He is not a runner. It took about 38 minutes. Here are a few pictures we took during the weekend and at the race. The top picture is before the race...it was so humid that the camera fogged up when I got it out! I also took a lot of video, and will try to update this blog with some video footage once Corey edits some of it for me! Corey's mom, the boys and I had a lot of fun chasing him around all day taking pictures and cheering! After the raceThe boys had so much fun playing in JR's cowboy boots (I think they had out 6 pairs at one point!) Thanks for being such a good sport and telling them cowboy stories, JR!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Way to go Corey!! It looks like you may be hooked!?!

Elizabeth said...

Very nice job, Corey! You guys are so inspirational. And Melody- you look so tan and gorgeous!

mundayseven said...

WOW Corey! We are all so impressed. What a great job finishing the course set before you!

Fred and Renee said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you really did a good job with the race. I am impressed!And Liz is right. You look great Melody!

HK said...

Hey you were in Lebanon. You know that is where I grew up. I have been to Norene and my best friend still lives about 5 miles from there. I can't believe they had you biking on Cainsville rd. It is very curvy and hilly, but it is beautiful country.