Sunday, July 13, 2008

Honduras Day 1

We have arrived in Honduras safely! God was very gracious to us in our traveling Saturday. We left Paris at 2 AM and arrived at the airport in Nashville around 4:30. Our flight left a little after 6 and we arrived in Miami around 8:30 AM. We grabbed "breakfast" which was actually ended up being Pizza Hut for Becky and me because well, your body thinks strange things are breakfast food when you've been up since 2AM. Our flight left Miami at 11:30 for our 2 hour flight, and because of the time difference, we actually landed in San Pedro Sula, Honduras at 11:45 AM. We waited in the immigration line for 3 1/2 hours (this was especially hard after losing 32 out of 40 bags last year because we were so concerned that our luggage might be lost or even taken while we waited). But praise God, all of our bags were there! While waiting in line, I had a chance to talk to a man who asked why we were here. I told him that we were here to share about Jesus. Then I suddenly realized that I didn't have to wait until we were through customs to get into "missionary mode." I gave him a tract and as we left he waved good-bye. I pray that a seed was planted in Jorge's life and that He will one day know the blessing of having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

We finally made it through the immigration line, and then they let us right on through customs with our bags without trouble! After loading everything on the bus, we headed to eat "lunch", but it was 3:30 PM (4:30 at home), so we were starving! We grabbed lunch at Burger King and then headed on our long drive to Comayagua where we will be spending most of our week. Usually this is just an hour drive from Tegucigalpa, but because we had to fly into San Pedro instead, it was about a 4 1/2 hour drive including our stops. We stopped at an open market to buy fresh bananas and pineapple...YUMMY! And made a few restroom stops as well. We arrived at the Hotel Casagrande a little after 8PM and quickly unloaded and made a few phone calls. At 9PM we had our first group devotion, praised God for our safe travel and then headed to our rooms for showers, etc. We finally got to bed around 10:30 and got some much needed rest.


I'll post about today either later tonight or tomorrow, but we got up at 6AM, had breakfast and then had a worship service and did some painting at El Ayudante. More to come on that later. We're getting ready to go to the mountains and have a worship service at a church there and feed them dinner, so I need to run!


1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am soooooo glad you are able to make posts!! I tried to call you before you guys left and couldn't get you! I hate that I missed talking to you! I'm praying for you guys and I know you're going to have a great trip! Love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck!