Friday, September 19, 2008

Fabulous Friends!


My freshman year in high school God blessed me with an amazing group of friends, five girls who had grown up together at West Jackson Baptist Church....known as the Fab Five. Fabulous they are! I could not have asked for a more amazing group of friends to encourage, support and hold me accountable through high school, college and beyond. In college we roomed together, three and three. This year we are all celebrating our 30th birthdays! We thought and thought about how we wanted to celebrate and finally decided to meet together to worship the God who brought us together in the special place He used, West Jackson. This past Sunday morning we all 6 were able to be in church together for the first time since college. This has been especially difficult since 4 of our husbands are ministers at churches in different cities. What a blessing to be able to come together years later with a group of girls who still love the Lord and serve Him faithfully! I even got to play in my old seat in the orchestra :) Jennifer, Meg, Becca, Lindsey and Carrie, I love you and value your friendships more than I can express...you are fabulous friends!

Please forgive me, however, after I first posted this I rounded up a few pics from our senior year just for fun!
Prom Night


Breakfast the last day of our senior year!

Music Camp at Camp Carson


Singing "This Day" by Point of Grace our last night at Music Camp ;)


At the top of the Sears Tower in Chicago on our way home from a mission trip to Michigan

5 comments:

Fred and Renee said...

How special!! I think it is such a blessing to have friends that last through the years. They know you like none others ever will.

Jennifer said...

What a fun day! I love that picture! Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

Okay the update...is there anything to say other than awesome!! I love the way we are all wearing our purses alike. I don't remember breakfast on our last day of school. Refresh my memory.

Corey and Melody Cain said...

Aunt Janice took us all to Mrs. Winners for breakfast! I have more pictures from inside while we were eating. I'll show you some time to refresh your memory! Good times ;)

Elizabeth said...

You guys have been gorgeous forever!