Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Joyland

Today was Caleb's first day at Joyland Christian Preschool! He has been so excited, and today didn't disappoint. My sweet friend, Becky, gave me an emergency kit (tissue, waterproof mascara, and "Emergency Chocolate" anticipating that I would have more trouble with this than Caleb. This morning when he woke up, he immediately put on his clothes that we had laid out the night before (his Joyland shirt and new jeans) and then he made his way back to our room to say good morning. After eating breakfast, going over our school rules, getting our things together and praying as a family, we all loaded up (Corey and I both wanted to take him for his first day) and headed to Joyland. On the car ride there, Caleb was teasing me saying, "Mom, are you going to cry? I hope you do! I hope you all cry, that'd be funny!" What a silly boy! That helped lighten the mood. Of course once we arrived, I took several pictures (one by the "ninja" with the flag to caution traffice-Caleb thought it was cool that they had a ninja out there.) When I told Corey I'd love to stay and watch his first day he gave me a disapproving look...as if I was serious! As they got ready for circle time and began sittin in the circle, Caleb said, "Come here Bennett, you can sit in the circle!" He was so sweet, but we couldn't stay. So after they began circle time we left.
Bennett and I did well, a few tears welled up in my eyes as we left, but Corey reassured me that we'd all be okay. B and I read a few books and did "school" once we got home. By the time we finished that and went grocery shopping, it was time to pick Caleb up from school.

He had a big smile when we came out and told us all about his day. I asked if he had heard a Bible story and he said, "Yeah, like eight!" I'm pretty sure they talked about the days of creation and Adam and Eve ;) We let him pick where we went for lunch to celebrate, and he prayed before we ate and thanked God that he could go to school and for all his new friends and that Jesus was in his heart. I am so grateful that God has blessed us with this opportunity for him to enjoy preschool in a wonderful Christian environment!

1 comments:

mundayseven said...

Hey Mel, I am so proud of you not bawling. I think I would have lost it right there in the classroom. Tell Caleb we are glad he is enjoying school. God bless you my beautiful sister, Waverly