Sunday, August 31, 2008

Caleb is a Christian!

This Sunday night, August 31, Caleb asked again about becoming a Christian. He has been asking questions for months, and asked if we could talk more about it several times. Tonight after Bible story Caleb asked again if we could talk about it. Corey looked at me and said that it was the second time he had asked today. I thought we'd probably talk about it and that he would still have some confusion about what it meant and that we would have several of these conversations before he was ready, however as we talked about what it meant, he understood and said that he believed all of those things. He understood that he had sinned and said, "Can I ask Jesus into my heart?" Corey and I had gone back and forth on if he was old enough to make this decision, but Corey said that if it was anyone else's child, he would say that they understand and that they were ready. Corey, Bennett, my mom and I were in the room and Caleb wanted everyone to know, so we asked my dad to come in, too. Zachary and Natiley took care of Bennett, and we asked Caleb to pray to Jesus in his own words. Afterward he ran out and told everyone, "I'm a Christian!" and when he was laying down in bed, he asked, "Do you feel Him?" "It feels so good!" How amazing!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how thrilling this must have been for all of you! And how perfect that your parents were able to be there with you, too!

It is always miraculous to see the Spirit at work in someone's life, but for it to be so evident in someone so young... there are truly no words...

Jennifer said...

We are so proud of Caleb! Way to go buddy!

mundayseven said...

What a blessing!!! Caleb, we are so excited for you. This is the most important decision you will ever make. We pray you will grow in your knowledge and understanding of God, serve Him wholeheartedly and do what is right in His eyes. God bless you. I love you, Uncle Dave and Wavie

mundayseven said...

Titan, Koen, Josie, Heidi, and Zain love you and are excited for you too. (Zain will be when he understands.:))

Elizabeth said...

How exciting!!

Anonymous said...

That is so amazing Mel. I don't have internet right now at the new house so I didn't get to read it until this morning but my mom and Leah had called me and told me about it. I am so excited. I need to come visit u guys again soon. I miss ya!I am so proud for Caleb!
Love ya bunches,
Laurel

Lynn said...

What an awesome blessing! It brought tears to my eyes and reminded me of my own comittment and when my daughter accepted Christ. There is truely no better feeling than when your child becomes a brother or sister in Christ. Thanks for sharing this precious moment with us!