Thursday, August 28, 2008

Beautiful Feet Women's Conference

This past weekend was the Beautiful Feet Women's Conference. We were able to take a precious group of women from our church and were so blessed by the experience. It has been a while since I've been able to be a part of something like this, so it was very refreshing to worship with a group of between 450 and 500 women! The theme for the weekend was, "A Grace-Filled Journey: Sharing Hope!"

This conference was a first for me in two ways. First, I was blessed with the opportunity to work with some amazing women to help plan this conference. It was so much fun to work together with women from different churches, backgrounds and ages to fulfill what we believed God intended this conference to be. Our keynote speaker was Donna Gaines, an amazing woman and wonderful example of a Godly wife, mother and preacher's wife. She challenged us in so many ways! As our planning team looked around throughout the weekend, we were all struck by the fact that we couldn't have done this on our own. It was only by God's grace and mercy that things went so well!

Secondly, I was blessed to be able to lead a breakout session. I knew that I was totally inadequate for this assignment and that only Christ through me could do this, so I accepted this honor knowing that in Him I would be made strong in my weakness. Thank you to my friends and family who were praying for me. I set up a few visual reminders of different places that we have opportunities to share Christ and was determined to have a grocery buggy in my room! I sure do love my daddy...he went to several places and with a little divine intervention made it happen. Thanks, Dad! I was so humbled to have around 65 women between my two sessions Saturday morning. My topic was, "Everyday Evangelism: Sharing the Love of Christ as You Go." How exciting it was to know that so many women were passionate about learning how to better share their faith in everyday situations! As I prepared to begin the first session, I was encouraged to see the smiling faces of my mom, and 3 of my best friends, Jennifer Shackelford, Meg Nethery and Becca Simpson...thank you for your support and encouragement! My wonderful husband was so thoughtful, too. In addition to willingly taking care of our two boys for the weekend, when I arrived at the hotel, he had sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers! My prayer for this past weekend is that God will bless the message that was shared and spur us on to share God's love with those around us and that we will make a difference in the places where God has placed us. I could go on about this experience, but wouldn't know where to stop, so here are a few pictures of the wonderful weekend we had.

0 comments: