Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm in love!

God's word is so amazing! I fall in love with it more each time I read it and God shows me something I've never noticed before. Last week in my Bible study I found a verse that I couldn't wait to share, but haven't really had time to do it justice (we've been working on rearranging the boys rooms). It is Isaiah 30:21, "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'" What an amazing promise for those who have trusted in Jesus! Even when we stray off the path that God has planned for our lives, he loves us enough to continue to show us the way through the Holy Spirit! I know I've heard that voice many times before. Sometimes I've followed and other times I've ignored it. It has always been much less painful when I've obeyed His voice behind me. God is so loving! Yes, He gives us the freedom to choose, to make either good or bad decisions. He doesn't grab us and yell at us and say, "Stop doing that!" and then force us to love and follow Him. However, He does lovingly tell us the way we should go because He knows that only in His way will we find true joy and peace. Only in His way are we and those around us protected from the pain and the harm that our sin causes. Just like a loving parent who guides and protects his child, God desires to see us walk in His way which brings about holiness and peace!

0 comments: