Thursday, October 23, 2008

Early Voting!

Okay, I was totally torn about this issue! Should I early vote or vote on election day...I love voting on election day and feeling so much a part of the process, however, what if something happened? What if I got sick, had an accident on the way there...I know, it seems silly and like much ado about nothing, but you must know that I LOVE that we have the right to vote in America...it blows my mind that anyone would take this freedom for granted! I am so grateful for both of my grandfathers, my dad, and so many others who have fought to preserve our freedoms including our right to vote. All these freedoms have come at a cost! That's a whole different blog though. So, today, Bennett and I loaded up and headed to the courthouse annex building to early vote! We made a whole celebration out of it and stopped by Jack's Java afterward for a little voting treat! I had a vanilla frappe, but decided that Bennett didn't need the coffee, so he had "special coffee", a chocolate milk ;)My prayer is that Christians will realize their responsibility to vote not for a party, but for their values. We are held accountable for every choice we make, including this very important one! May we not pray that God be on our candidates' sides, but that our candidates would be on God's side!

Here is a little flashback just for fun! This is a picture of Caleb's first election day four years ago! He also went with us to vote! I have calmed down a little, notice I didn't make everyone dress in red, white and blue this time ;)

0 comments: