Friday, November 7, 2008

2 Days with the Mundays!!!

Seeing as my youngest nephew is now almost five months old and I've only seen him right after he was born, I was so anxious to visit my amazing sister, brother-in-law and five nieces and nephews (not to mention that up to this point the boys kept reminding us how excited they were to see their cousins)! Our two days with them did not disappoint! We arrived Thursday afternoon to a warm welcome and lots of hugs. The boys were immediately ready to play. It was a beautiful day, so they headed outside where Caleb and Titan had a blast playing with the water gun. Wave is always cooking and their home is such a fun place, so for dinner the kids got to pick their own toppings and make individual pizzas. After more playing we did our best (it took about 30 min.) to get all the kids in bed and asleep. Dave, our brother-in-law, is a doctor. He was on call Thursday night, but was able to come home for a little while and visit. I know he was tired, but he is so sweet he sat in the chair and visited until he kept falling asleep. He finally went to bed ( I think it was close to 1AM) and as soon as he laid down he got called in. Bless his heart!Friday morning, Wave had made delicious pumpkin bread and we began our day. It included lots of caffeine in order to keep us awake from our late night. The kids played all morning and then we packed a picnic lunch. Afterward, Corey, the boys and I headed to visit my uncle, aunt, cousins and Mammaw. My precious grandmother now has Alzheimers and doesn't recognize us anymore. This really made Caleb sad. She teared up as we were leaving, and Caleb asked in the car why she was crying. I told him that she was probably confused and a little sad. He said, "Maybe when people get old and can't remeber things, they cry because they want to remember." How sweet...I teared up, because he's probably right. He has such a tender heart when people are sick or hurting. I'm grateful for that! My grandmother was always so kind and loving...I thank God for the wonderful memories I have with her and my Pappaw!Friday night we ALL (Dave too...he's such a trooper!) headed to Bellevue Baptist Church where their family goes to church. They had a great Fall Festival...more like a carnival. They had rides, inflatables, candy and too much fun! We had a scare at the beginning when Koen wandered off, but I stayed with all the kids while Wave, Dave and Corey took off looking. Fortunately, Corey found him pretty quickly after heading to the bumper cars (that's what they were all eyeing when we first arrived). God was so good! Caleb was Superman, and Bennett was a skunk. We finally headed home around 10PM, but not before Dave had stood in line for 45 minutes to get us all funnel cakes. No trouble going to sleep that night!We had to head out Saturday morning...Caleb decided to give Zain one of his baby toys that he rediscovered recently. He'd been sleeping with it for the last several weeks, but wanted Zain to have it to remember him by. Both of the boys love babies, but Caleb absolutely adores Zain. Koen then gave Caleb an armfull of animal toys. And then Caleb gave Koen one of his flashlights. It was so sweet! We are so blessed to have such amazing family! I love my big sister so much and thank God for her and her precious family! Each of her children have such different and wonderful personalities. I am always amazed at the grace and patience with which my sister and Dave raise their children and love each other. They are such a great example of a godly home! We love you guys and enjoyed every moment we were able to spend with you!

1 comments:

mundayseven said...

Mel, We had such a wonderful time with you guys. You are always a joy to be around and I am so very thankful God blessed me with you as a sister!!! Please tell the boys our little people said hey and Zain still enjoys his toy. :) We love all of you! Waverly