Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Leader Day!!!

Caleb's preschool has something very exciting called "Leader Day". Each child has a chance to be the leader for the day and it rotates throughout the year. They each get to be the leader a couple of times, but in the world of preschool, this is a HUGE deal...especially the first time! I was made aware of that by our friends, the Shackelfords, whose son Clayton was there last year. "OOH, you'll want to be sure to be there when he is the leader" I was told by many former Joyland moms.

Well, during the second week of school, the boys and I went to Wal-Mart after Caleb had finished school one day, and a friend (familiar with Joyland) asked Caleb, "So, when do you get to be the leader?" I was devastated when he said, "I was the leader today!"...I had missed his first leader day! He hadn't understood what a big deal it was at that point, but I did. I composed myself and held back the tears and made him promise that the next time he was going to be the leader he HAD to let me know ahead of time!Well, good news! Caleb gave me three days notice this time and Corey, Bennett and I were all able to watch him on his second leader day! I mostly video taped it, but did get this cute picture of the boys. Caleb wanted his little brother right beside him in the circle...he is really sweet about including his brother! He did a great job, and we look forward to his next "Leader Day!"

0 comments: