Sunday, January 18, 2009

Church Decline

Normally Melody takes care of blogging, but this weekend I came across an article about my home church (FBC Smyrna), and about the decline of churches in America that I want to share with you. The article can be found on the Tennessean website, or by clicking here. The article is speaking specifically about Southern Baptist Churches, but I came across a few statistics that pertain to the church here in North America that were quite startling. America is now the 3rd largest unchurched nation in the world. North America is now the only continent where Christianity is no longer growing. Lastly, over 80% of churches in America are plateaued or declined. These statistics are scary, and I believe God is calling all believers to pay attention, and to do our best to see these statistics reversed.

For His Glory,
Corey

0 comments: