Saturday, January 24, 2009

So funny! ***UPDATED***

Recently I was trying to locate an 80's costume for a friend and was trying to think which one of my other friends had posted pictures on their blog about an 80's party. Well, it turned out that it wasn't an 80's party that I remembered...it was the Kenworthy's Tacky Christmas Party. They had all dressed in various tacky Christmas clothes, and some were quite entertaining. The first time I saw the pics at Christmas time, I didn't realize why my friend Katherine's costume looked a little familiar...I didn't realize why until I looked at the pictures again the other day. Katherine, here is your picture from the tacky Christmas party...and next is a picture of me from 1993 in THE EXACT SAME DRESS!!! I laughed out loud and have kept this a secret until I was able to get the picture from my parents this weekend!This was one of my favorite dresses ever! I felt so pretty in this dress and it was one of the most expensive dresses I had owned at that point! Katherine, I can't believe you think it is tacky! Hehe! I guess that's what 15 years does to a beautiful sequin sweater dress!

UPDATE...I knew this picture existed somewhere of Jennifer and me at a band concert with me in my beautiful dress! Jennifer was kind enough to find it along with a few other treasured pictures. This was at our Christmas concert in 1994!

6 comments:

Amber said...

That is awesome!!! I am sooooo glad you shared this with us!!! Where did you get your dress Katherine?

Katherine said...

That is hilarious!!!!! I got this long sweater/dress at "The Closet"(consignment store) in Paris. And Melody..I thought it was a nicer "tacky" dress..if that makes you feel better...ha!

Corey and Melody Cain said...

That does help a little Katherine!

The Kenworthys said...

I think I peed my pants!

Elizabeth said...

this is the funniest thing I've read... ever!

mundayseven said...

Hey Mel, What is going on now? It's been awhile. :) Hope yall are all well and having a great week! Love ya, Waverly