Sunday, November 22, 2009

All I Want for Christmas is...a Pressure Washer!!!

Okay, not really, but these things are incredible!!! We borrowed Steve's pressure washer to clean off the pontoons on the boat before storing it for the winter, and while we had it I decided to wash our concrete wall. OH MY GOODNESS! It is addictive...I couldn't believe how dirty the wall had been. I mean, I knew it was dirty, but had no idea how bad it was until I saw what it was supposed to look like.During the many hours I spent cleaning the wall, I reflected upon how our lives are kind of like that wall. They get all dirtied up with sin...just "little" ones, we think...and then before long, we don't even realize how filthy we've become. We must go to the Word for a fresh cleansing, to see who we should be and evaluate what we've really become. So, what's the best way to keep ourselves clean? Daily spending time in prayer and Bible study. Is it difficult to stay committed? Yes. But it's a lot easier than letting the filth build up and needing major pressure washing!

0 comments: