Thursday, November 26, 2009

Foropoulos Family Thanksgiving

First off on the Thanksgiving travel was my parents' home. The boys couldn't wait to see their cousins...priority number one on their list was wrestling (with the boys of course...they thought the girls should not be involved or they might get hurt). We had a wonderful time wrestling, playing Foosball, cards, listening to Grumps telling Granddaddy Williams stories, watching the traditional Christmas movie, and of course eating mom and dad's yummy turkey and dressing dinner!

One of the neat traditions we began when Bennett was just a baby was that we put their hand prints on a tablecloth, ask what they are thankful for and write it on their hand print...I love hearing their sweet answers each year! Each child has their own color, so we can see how their hand has grown each year. This year Caleb was thankful for "God, Jesus, and my whole family", and Bennett said that he was thankful for "My doggie and my Ge (their name for my mom)". Each year I am reminded how blessed we are as we take turns sharing all that God has blessed us with and brought us through. I love the verse, "Give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His love endures forever." I am so grateful for my family, my church, my wonderful friends, and this year amidst the struggling economy I am especially grateful for our home and two paid off vehicles. God has blessed us beyond what we could ask or imagine, and for that we praise and thank Him!

During Thanksgiving we also got to celebrate my precious niece, Heidi's 4th Birthday...Happy Birthday, sweet girl! Also notice the "silly face" family picture at the bottom...Wave and Dave claim they didn't know we were doing a silly picture...hmm, everyone else heard, including all seven children...not sure I believe you Wave, but it is a good picture of you ;)

0 comments: