Friday, December 4, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas!

This year we started our Christmas decorating before Thanksgiving in anticipation of the busy week once we returned. However, I love using fresh holly and magnolia to decorate, so the first few days of December were spent putting the finishing touches on the decorations and preparing Christmas goodies for our Christmas Open House. We always enjoy this special time! Both boys helped make the peppermint bark (Caleb's favorite Christmas treat), and this year Bennett especially enjoyed helping me with all the cooking! He helped with the sausage balls, sugar cookies, peanut butter balls and lots of other goodies. It was so much fun having a sweet little helper and companion throughout the cooking process :)

Helpful Hint: I always take pictures of my decorations because it makes it easier to remember where and how I like them. It really helps save time the next year!

0 comments: