Friday, December 4, 2009

Quilting Project

During the weeks before and after Thanksgiving my free time was consumed by a quilting project for Caleb's school's fundraiser, Supper with Santa. I made a quilt with a reindeer from each student's foot and hand prints. I am not a quilter, so I made multiple trips to Wal-Mart to buy the supplies for each step of the process as needed. I also employed the advice of one of the quilters in our church. It didn't turn out perfectly, but I was very excited about the end result. It took more time than I anticipated, so my initial plan to make another one for Caleb after the auction changed and we bought it back for him ourselves. He loves it and is enjoying sleeping with it each night...I'm so glad and hope it will be a special keepsake for him as he gets older. He was so very grateful! Bennett is already talking to Caleb about how I'm going to make him one when he is in kindergarten :)

0 comments: