Sunday, June 6, 2010

Honduras 2010, Day 1

We are here in Comayagua, Honduras!!! We arrived safely in the capital of Tegucigalpa with two very smooth flights, only a two hour delay in Miami, and we have all our luggage! I'll do my best to update throughout the week. We are so excited about all God has in store for us, please keep us in your prayers!

I was able to sit by a nice young lady, Pearla, law on the plane to Honduras who was just returning home from a year in Spain where she received her masters in business law. When I told her why were were here, she was so grateful for the work we were coming to do. When I asked her if she knew Jesus personally, she testified about feeling His presence and power in her life over this past year. Then once we arrived at the airport and were greeted by our translators, we ate lunch at Burger King and began the drive to Comayagua. On the way, Lydia, who works for El Ayudante and has been with us every year, shared her testimony of God's promises and faithfulness in her life. She also told us that the seeds we have planted in years past have produced much fruit...What an exciting way to start the trip, hearing stories of God's faithfulness in the lives of other believers!

Finally, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sweet Caleb...I love you so much. and I miss you today. I've never missed being with you on your birthday this past 6 years and would not if I didn't truly believe that God desires for me to be here sharing with his other children who do not know Him and His love and plan for their lives. I am so grateful for the amazing blessing you are to me...I love you!

0 comments: