Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Honduras 2010, Day 3

Today was such an incredible day! We were very blessed to go to CasAyuda this morning to minister to the special needs children there. I was so touched by their sweet smiles and joy! We did our introductions, Bible story skit, and songs first. Then we did the noise maker craft with them...because many of them are deaf, we thought this might not be a great craft, but they can still feel the vibration and all of the children love it! After that, we fed them hot dogs for lunch...they waited so patiently as we served them. It was amazing to me to see how well mannered and thoughtful these children are. At one point I had a few tears rolling down my cheek, and one of the deaf children motioned to me to ask why I was crying...I told him I was just happy to be there with them. How sweet that they would notice and be concerned for me. It was very humbling. After lunch we went outside to play soccer and Red Light, Green Light with them. Afterward, we gave out school supply and hygiene bags to the children. It was such a fun morning for all of us.This afternoon, we went to El Ayudante's ministry center and painted the dorm rooms. It is really exciting to think that the first teams will be staying there in July and that we will likely be there next year!Then this evening, we went to the mall to use the internet cafe and get some coffee, and while standing in line, two little boys, Daniel and Christian, approached Corey and me to ask for money for food. So I took them to a restaurant in the mall to get something kind of like a quesadilla. They were so hungry they ate every bite of those big things. Their clothes and shoes were worn, so our team was able to take them to a store to get Honduras soccer jerseys and new shoes. It was a fresh reminder to me that no matter where we are, we are to be looking for needs and meeting them with the love of Jesus Christ in us.

1 comments:

Gail Robertson said...

I am enjoying your posts and pictures. It is neat to see your experiences and how God is blessing in that place. Tell the others "hi" from me too.