Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bennett's Second Birthday!


Bennett turned two today! That is so hard for me to say and even harder to believe! I just finished writing him a letter, something I do each year for the boys on their birthdays. They are usually 3-6 pages long and have teardrop stains on each page, however, tonight was different. The letter was still a good 4 pages, but void of the teardrops. This past year, God has shown us so much about His perfect timing and His perfect will. As hard as it is for me to know that my "baby" is now a little boy, I also realize that God has amazing plans for His life. There are so many things in his future, and God filled my heart with joy tonight not only for the amazing past two years, but also for the plans He has for Bennett's future. Corey and I desire more than anything to see our little boys grow into Godly young men who seek to serve God and love Him wholeheartedly. And so this is our prayer for Bennett today, that he will grow to learn more about God's love for him each day and that this realization would drive him to follow God all his life.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a sweet idea. A letter on their birthday! I love it. Do you give it to him, or keep it somewhere for him to read when he gets older?

Corey and Melody Cain said...

I save them with their baby books...one day I hope they'll enjoy looking back at them!

Fred and Renee said...

I can tell you that each passing year with your kids is more and more special, and then they are grown. And you know what, that is wonderful too. There is nothing more exciting than seeing your children making a difference in the world for Christ. Enjoy each day and know that they will someday be your best friends.

Peggy Hall said...

You are such a sweet family with 2 precious boys and I love all of you very much. I am so glad you came into my life.
Miss Peggy