Saturday, February 9, 2008

Why Twelve Stones?

Why is our blog titled "Twelve Stones"? Maplewood, our church, is in the process of a four-week family devotion, and one of the days this week was about A Memorial for Gratitude. The verses in Joshua tell of the story when the Israelites crossed the Jordan river. God commanded the leaders of each of the twelve tribes to pick up a stone and carry it across where they would be made into a memorial for generations to share with their children of God's faithfulness. How amazing is that! Even then God knew that we needed reminders of His goodness and faithfulness in our lives. So, since everyone else has started blogging, and I love writing, I decided to begin the Cain family blog! Finding a name was a challenge, but I thought this one fitting...we hope that this blog will be a way for us to share stories of God's faithfulness in our lives mixed in with those inevitable funny, sweet and unbelievable stories that come along with having two boys!

3 comments:

Fred and Renee said...

I look forward to reading your blog. It really is fun to do. I love reading other people's. Be sure to put on lots of pics of those cute boys.

Jennifer said...

I have to agree with that PRECIOUS lady who made the last comment!! I am really looking forward to reading your blog. I am so glad you started it!

Elizabeth said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited! Your family is so cute. I'm looking forward to hearing about all your fun adventures. Oh, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the blog name.