Saturday, February 9, 2008

God's Providence and Protection

"God- His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is pure. HE IS A SHIELD TO ALL WHO TAKE REFUGE IN HIM! For who is God besides the Lord? And who is a rock? Only our God. God- He clothes me with strength and makes my way perfect...YOU HAVE GIVEN ME THE SHIELD OF YOUR SALVATION." Psalm 18:30-32, 35

I am so grateful that God was a shield and salvation during this time. It is amazing to see the pictures and devastation at Union and then to know that not one of the students' lives were lost! To God be the Glory!!!

It is hard to understand why this happened, however it is an opportunity for Him to be glorified and He knew that that like Job, Union would remain faithful and praise Him in the midst of all of this. Job 1:21, "The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised!" Job 2:10, "Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?"

Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I cannot wait to see the amazing plans God has for each of these students. Already part of that plan is unfolding as they are spreading His fame and glory through their uplifting testimonies on national news and to individuals who don't know Him.

To my friends who are Union students, I'm proud of you, and I will continue to lift you up to His care in my prayers as you deal with the details of this devastation.

0 comments: