Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Day 6

Well, after two days away from the beach we HAD to get back! I absolutely LOVE the ocean. I love the sound of the waves, the feeling of the sand between my toes, jumping the waves and a million other things I can't even think of right now. It reminds me of how small I really am. It's humbling and it's wonderful! Monday was our last full day in Florida, so we definitely got every bit of fun we could out of it! We woke up and headed straight for the beach, then to the pool, a quick break for lunch and back to the pool before naps. While the boys were down for their naps, Mom and I did a little shopping. Corey and Zachary were busy defeating the bad guys on Z's new Chronicles of Narnia video game (part of the draw was the 42 inch flat screen TV, I believe). When the boys woke up we took the to a store to pick out souvenirs. Their first choices were $1 plastic knives to fight with, go figure! We let them pick one other thing each, with a little guidance (we had to veto the cool-looking beer funnels...I think the boys thought they were really special ocean/sand toys). Caleb picked a cool water gun and Bennett picked a harmonica. Then we headed down to the beach for family pictures. You know the good ones that you aren't afraid to show people because you aren't in a bathing suit, but in your real clothes :) This lasted a while, but would've taken much longer if the memory on my camera didn't fill up and the battery hadn't died. But we were able to get some great ones! Then we headed to Joe's Crab Shack for our last dinner in Destin. The boys enjoyed the atmosphere and even joined in on the dancing. After that we went back to the Track for one last go-kart race on the big wooden track. And to finish the night off....drum roll, please....Hot Krispy Kreme Doughnuts!

0 comments: