Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day

Mother's Day has always been a very special day to me! First, I'm so grateful for my mom and my grandmothers! God has placed amazing women in my life to teach me about Him and about being a wife and mother. So, Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing women in my life...thank you for all you mean to me and everything you've taught me!Now that I'm a mom, Mother's Day has totally wonderful, new meaning to it. God is teaching me so much through being a mom. One of the things He is definitely trying to teach me is patience...I'm not sure how good of a student I am, but I'm trying :) Secondly, he is teaching me about His love. The love I have for my boys is very different than my love for anyone else...and yet it pales in comparison to His love for us. And there are many other things that I learn each day, but the last thing that has really touched me over the past several years is His protection. Growing up I was blessed with parents who loved me and desired to protect me (over-protect me I thought at the time). Now that I'm a mom, I totally understand where my parents were coming from! But it has also helped me to understand God's "rules." It seemed to me that God had a lot of rules in place to keep us from having fun. Now I realize that His rules are not to prevent us from enjoying life, but to protect us and give us abundant life! I began to see this more as Corey and I have laid out rules for our boys. Some rules are to keep them from hurting each other and other rules are for their own protection. Caleb especially doesn't seem to understand sometimes why we have certain rules and often questions them. Why can't he walk out to the road and get the mail by himself? He doesn't understand that a car driving quickly down our street could actully kill him. And all of us, like Caleb, are kind of that way with our Heavenly Father. He sees the pain lying, cheating, alcohol abuse and adultery cause. He created these rules out of love! It is amazing the joy we have in life when we follow His plan and not our own. I'm so grateful for God's protection and love! And I pray that my boys will see those same characteristics in me as they grow.

0 comments: