Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm OLD?

As you know, I just celebrated my 30th birthday! I've been feeling pretty good about turning 30...it honestly hasn't bothered me a bit. However, some people must think 30 is old. My sweet friend Jennifer, as if hosting my surprise party wasn't enough, offered to keep the boys for Corey to take me out to lunch Monday. The good-natured hostess that seated us ask if we were celebrating anything, and I cheerfully said, "Yes! Today is my 30th birthday!" She replied, "You don't look 30. (What is 30 supposed to look like?) And you're happy about it?! I would be (followed by a groan as if she couldn't think of a word awful enough to describe her feelings). " Then, we had the sweetest waitress, a junior at Murray State University. And being the picture obsessed person I am, I asked if she would take a picture of Corey and me. She said, "Ohhh, you two are so cute!" As I thought about that later, I realized that that is exactly what I say when I see an older couple together holding hands, hugging or walking together. Now WE'RE the old couple!!! All this to say, I'm happy to be celebrating 30 great years, but apparently I'm also now officially old! :)

0 comments: