Friday, June 27, 2008

Caleb can swim!!!


Caleb and I had been working on swimming for 3 days, and he was doing really well! At this point he had been swimming about 8 feet to me and then I'd grab him and carry him back to the steps. He hadn't really gotten the breathing part down. Then yesterday we had playdate at our friends Katie and Caroline's home (thanks for sharing your beautiful pool)! Two of Caleb's friends, who are both older than him, were jumping off the diving board without their lifejackets. Caleb apparently thought that would be a lot of fun and that if they could do it, he should be able to also. He isn't afraid of much...I think I was much more concerned than he was (He just turned 4 at the beginning of this month. I thought maybe by the end of the summer he'd be swimming.) Well, he jumped off a few times and I was right there beside him. Each time I'd back up a little more. He got a little further each time, and by the end of the morning he was swimming all the way from the diving board to the ladder! Katie took the picture for me to show how far it was. Then before we left he swam all the way from the ladder at the deep end to the steps at the shallow end! I think he's going to love swimming just like his dad! We're so very proud of our little swimmer!

0 comments: