Sunday, June 15, 2008

Superwoman and baby Zane!

So, most of you know that my sister, Waverly, and her husband, David, just had their fifth child, Zane Alexander Munday. He is adorable and was born Saturday, June 7! Congratulations Wave, Dave, Titan, Josie, Koen, and Heidi on your new special addition to the Munday family!

Now, what you may not know is that my sister is Superwoman! Don't feel bad, I didn't realize it either until this week. Oh, yes, I had picked up subtle hints along the way, but couldn't confirm my suspicions until this week! So, here is the irrefutable evidence. Zane was born on Sat. around 3:30 pm...Wave came home from the hospital Sunday around 4. When I arrived at their home Monday morning, she was walking around the house tending to her "little people" as if she hadn't just had a baby less than 24 hours earlier, and when I was fixing lunch, she kept trying to help. This was suspicious to me, but then when I offered to make a grocery run for her, she said, and I quote, "Oh, that's okay. I was going to go this morning but just got busy. I'm going to go this afternoon." I know! But the final thing that gave away her superhero status was when I spoke to them on the phone Friday. Dave answered and I asked what they were up to and he candidly replied, "We're getting ready to go to the Y." Yes, they were all 7 loading up to go to the pool at the YMCA! And after talking to Wave I realized that she had worked out on the elliptical the day before and had worn her new FitFlops! What in the world?!? So, Wave if you read this I'm on to you...a little upset that you didn't tell me yourself that you're Superwoman, but I'm so proud of the Godly mother you are and happy for you for adding another precious arrow to your quiver!

2 comments:

Momma! said...

Melody... I would have to say that I try to keep up and read your blog for many reasons: to see your kids (since playgroup in the summer is wild), to see how your church is doing, and to see what spiritual revelations you had during the week that can help me in my 'mommy, mommy, mommy...' life. Wow... I don't know your sister, but 5 kids... i wish i had the energy! Two is good for me right now! Ha Ha

Fred and Renee said...

As the mother of 4 ( all grown now) I will tell you a secret. It has nothing to do with being Superwoman. You just figure that it is easier to go and do and get out of the house rather than stay cooped up with that many children. :-) Tori went on her first field trip with Dan's kindergarten class at 2 weeks, along with Liz. What a wonderful blessing children are - I promise. When they grow up you have the most wonderful friends in you children and their spouses. Love you guys!! We are off tonight to see some of those friends in Central Asia.