Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hard Day

Today has been one of those days where you let life get to you and then you feel like you've failed in every way possible. You know when you totally lose your patience with your children, your house is a disaster and you haven't been to the gym in a month...the list goes on. Corey understood my need for a break and came home for the afternoon. After lunch he took the boys outside and I was able to do my lesson in "A Woman's Heart: God's Dwelling Place" Bible study. God is so good. He reminded me that His grace is there for us each day and we just have to ask for it. Just like He provided the manna the Israelites needed each day in the desert, He provides our needs each day (the patience, the mercy, the forgiveness)...we just have to "gather it" daily. I am so grateful for a God who despite my failures blesses me with His mercy and grace. I am amazed that, because of " the Lord’s faithful love we do not perish, for His mercies never end. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness! I say: The Lord is my portion therefore I will put my hope in Him." Lamentations 3:22-25 What Love that He would cover our sins, our failures with His blood in order to present us spotless before the Father! I love the hymn,

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sorry I wasn't there to help out!! Sounds like your spirits are lifted, but when I get back we are planning our trip to Murray!